Helpful Hints for Moving
Having everything you need to pack will make a big difference! Self Storage can help you prepare.
- Label each box and on several sides.
- Mark boxes containing delicate items "fragile". Use a red felt tip pen or red "fragile" labels.
- Fragile items should be wrapped well and have plenty of "cushion" in the box.
- Pack heavy things in small boxes for easy lifting.
- Pack your books flat to protect the spines from damage.
- Use dust covers to protect furniture and mattresses.
- Mirrors, pictures and artwork should be stacked on their edge.
- Secure your dresser drawers with shrink wrap for easy transportation.
- Wardrobe boxes make moving clothes easy. Just move the clothes from your closet to the box.
- Reserve your storage space before your big move.
Remember, you have only one opportunity to pack it right.
Would you like to reserve your storage space now? Or do you still have questions, give us a call and our staff will assist you and answer all of your questions.